Expressions of Interest
Gerringong Bowling Club is located 10 minutes drive south of Kiama and within a 45 minute drive from the Wollongong and Shoalhaven areas. Located on the NSW South Coast, the club is the only Registered club in the Gerringong area.
The town itself experiences a large population increase over the school holiday periods and the weekend trade of the whole area has increased considerably within the whole town itself. The location has become a destination location to visit for many from Sydney and has a core membership that frequents the club regularly.
The club is situated on the beach at Gerringong and it resides next to the Werri Beach Caravan Park and the Gerringong Surf Club.
The Club has a variety of areas to have seated meals and function areas, with the upstairs restaurant area able to seat 70, the main Bistro area 150 and a function room can seat 70, it also has a lounge area that can seat additional seating for 150.The bistro trades 6 days per week and 7 days in holiday periods, for both Lunch and Dinner.
The style of cuisine is open for consideration but needs to reflect the requirements of the membership and location demographic. The Club currently runs two food operations, a bistro and a Chinese restaurant.
The club is looking to only have a Sole Contract Caterer moving forward, to cater for the Club as a whole. The Club currently has two kitchen areas available to use but will be looking to operate out of one in the future.
Favourable commercial terms including rental expectations and other related expenses will be discussed with the successful applicants once the EOI process has been completed.
The clubs vision is to provide products and experiences that the members and guests can be very proud of.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have a passion for growing and developing the food business at the Club
- Have a proven track record in providing catering in a Club environment, which is of a high quality and value for money
- Be able to work with Club Management and Staff to create new ideas and to promote and market the business
- Have proven experience in providing quality catering services for functions and events
- Be strongly focused on customer service
- Be able to provide sample menus and pricing
- Ensure that the operations are run efficiently, legal obligations, hygiene and WH&S requirements are exceeded
- Provide Trained and professional BOH and FOH Staff
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- Cover letter;
- Details of your Experience & resume;
- Business proposal;
- Sample menus and pricing which incorporates Members and Visitors Prices;
Expressions of Interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Gerringong Bowling Club P.O Box 41 Gerringong NSW 2534
Expressions of interest to be in by Monday the 19th of February, with a potential start date of April or May 2018.